How to Perform Hajj - Multimedia
Below is a multimedia step by step guide to completing you Hajj - brought to you by Islam Web (please visit their web site for more Hajj knowledge).
These slides take you through your first arrival at Meccah and Umrah (Slides 1 - 5); and then through the actual Hajj during the 6 days of Hajj (Slides 6-13). Slide 14 then takes you through your Farewell Tawaf.
- Ihram and Crossing the Miqat
- Arriving in Meccah
- Tawaf Around Kaba
- Safa and Marwa
- Shaving or Trimming the Hair
- 08 Dhul Hijja (Day of Tarwiyah)
- 09 Dhul Hijja (Arafat)
- 09 Dhul Hijja (Muzdalifah)
- 10 Dhul Hijja (1st Stoning at Mina)
- 10 Dhul Hijja (Shaving the hair, sheep sacrifice and minor lifting of Ihram)
- Tawaf Al-Ifadah
- 11, 12 & 13 Dhul Hijja (Stay night Mina)
- 11, 12 & 13 Dhul Hijja (Daily Stoning)
- Farewell Tawaf
Just some points on the flash presentation you just watched (these are my own notes and not from islamweb.net):
- The slides mention (slide 10) that you should eat part of the meat of the sacrificed sheep. While this is recommended, it will not be possible for 99% of Hajjaj.
- The same slide mentions you might sacrifice your own sheep, again this will not be possible for most Hajjaj
- The slides do not specify a time for Tawaf Al-Ifadah (Slide 11), this is because it does not have to be performed on the 10th of Dhul Hijja (although most people do perform it on this day). You would be wise to delay the Tawaf Al-Ifadah after the 10th if possible to avoid large crowds.